Thursday, August 21, 2014

Book Review: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

Read from August 18 to 19, 2014
Winning will make you famous. Losing means certain death.In a dark vision of the near future, a terrifying reality TV show is taking place. Twelve boys and twelve girls are forced to appear in a live event called the Hunger Games. There is only one rule: kill or be killed.When sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen steps forward to take her sister's place in the games, she see it as a death sentence. But Katniss has been close to death before. For her, survival is second nature.
I honestly cannot find anything bad or wrong with this story! Everything was awesome!

I seriously understand Katniss's dilemma once the Games are done. Collins made the reader experience Katniss's feelings so well, that by the end of the story it felt as if I were sharing my thoughts with Katniss!
I love how realistic this story was too! Collins didn't for once hesitate to put in reality to this book. It was absolutely amazing how she made everything so simple and all about survival during the Games, and just seamlessly drifted to complicated with the Games ending. Amazing!

This book was so good, that I'm still trying to extricate myself from Katniss! Amazing!

my Goodreads review

2 comments

  1. Hi Hasiva :D I nominated you for a blog award :) if its no trouble for you xD
    http://the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com/2014/08/tlok-sunshine-liebster-award.html
    PS- the movie was okay but I didn't like how they did gale. IMO, haymitch was the best picked actor xD oh and effie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for nominating me! :)
      I actually liked the casting, but the movie was a bit 'flat', in my opinion :(

      Delete

© bibliosini
Maira Gall