Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Book Review: Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

Read from August 23 to 24, 2014
Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. Distric 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding. It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Captiol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans - except Katniss. The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this,s he must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay - no matter what the personal cost.
This left me mindblown!!!

I'll admit that the beginning was frustrating and boring because I think Collins made Katniss a bit too handicapped after the rebels saved her. I can't believe she would just deteriorate like that; she would if Peeta was dead, but he was just captured, not dead. That's the only reason this got 4 stars instead of 5.

I absolutely loved the rest of the story! It was so realistic, painfully so. And there's was so much pain and struggling and bits of happiness from here and there. By the end of the story, I was left sort of brain dead! I was so caught up in the story that the emotions overwhelmed me!

And that ending was marvelous!!! It broke my heart so bad, but I still loved it! I loved how Katniss just pulled herself back together! Also, I was so sad to see so many amazing characters die! That was so heartbreaking!

I think the reason why some people might not have liked this is because there's was so much realism in the story. The deaths were sudden and there seemed to be not enough grief going around, but that's how it would be in the midst of a war, right? So, really, this story was amazing!

I loved this series! I'm so glad I read all 3 books in a row! It built up so many feels but the ending was amazing! Loved this series throughout!

No comments

Post a Comment

© bibliosini
Maira Gall