Monday, March 2, 2015

Book Review: Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth


Read from February 20 to March 01, 2015
I HAVE DONE BAD THINGS.I CAN'T TAKE THEM BACK, AND THEY ARE PART OF WHO I AM.Tris has survived a brutal attack on her former home and family. But she has paid a terrible price. Wracked by grief and guilt, she becomes ever more reckless as she struggles to accept her new future.Yet if Tris wants to uncover the truth about her world, she must be stronger than ever... because more shocking choices and sacrifices lie ahead.


Honestly, I didn't like this book much when I started it because of Tris's whole suicidal thing, but it got way better once she got over it!

I kept putting off reading it at the beginning but then I was hooked when it got better! Tris is honestly a really good protagonist when she's done doing the whole suicidal stint! I love how independent she is; she's independent but dependant on people in just the right doses to make it believable enough!

Tris and Tobias's relationship is not something I'm huge about! They have so many ups and downs, and it's honestly hard to keep track of them! But I'm a huge Tris fan though because she's pretty awesome! 

Also, it's really hard to figure out who is a good guy in this book, and that appealed to me a whole lot! Tris has known most of them for just weeks; how is she supposed to know what their true motives are? 

And the Insurgent title had a whole new meaning to me by the end of the book! I actually get pretty emotional about how perfect this title is for this book! 

Then, there's that cliffhanger ending! It just blew my mind because I don't think anyone guessed that! Really nice twist there! I'm really excited for Allegiant now!


1 comment

© bibliosini
Maira Gall