Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Book Review: You Belong To Me by Mary Higgins Clark


Read from June 18 to 21, 2016
When Dr. Susan Chandler decides to use her daily radio talk show to explore the phenomenon of women who disappear and are later found to have become victims of killers who prey on the lonely and insecure, she has no idea that she is exposing herself—and those closest to her—to the very terror that she hopes to warn others against.Susan sets out to determine who is responsible for an attempt on the life of a woman who called in to the show offering information on the mysterious disappearance from a cruise ship, years before, of Regina Clausen, a wealthy investment advisor. Soon Susan finds herself in a race against time, for not only does the killer stalk these lonely women, but he seems intent on eliminating anyone who can possibly further Susan’s investigation.As her search intensifies, Susan finds herself confronted with the realization that one of the men who have become important figures in her life might actually be the killer. And as she gets closer to uncovering his identity, she realizes almost too late that the hunter has become the hunted. Is she the next one marked for murder?
Picking up this book, I had high hopes since Mary Higgins Clark is a name I've heard and seen oftentimes in bookstores. I was thrilled at the mystery that boggled the characters in this story and I loved the psychological aspect of it but there were a few things that threw me off a bit.

First of all, I found the beginning of the story to be a bit of a bore. I loved the plot line and such but there was so much happening and hardly enough scenes with the main characters taking place.

I think Don Richards should have had more scenes. He seemed like a pretty important character to warrant some. Susan should have had more background. It's like there was a lot of plot-focus but maybe not enough character-focus.

I didn't feel the excitement that usually comes with reading a good mystery until I was past the first half of this story. Only then did I "eat up" the pages trying to make it to the end.

However, I loved Clark's plot line here and the plot twists were amazing! I would definitely pick up more of her books from now on!

my Goodreads review

No comments

Post a Comment

© bibliosini
Maira Gall