Sunday, January 25, 2015

Book Review: Windfall (Weather Warden, #4) by Rachel Caine

 

Read from January 12 to 22, 2015
You think you’re having a bad day? Joanne Baldwin has lost her job as a Weather Warden and saving the world doesn’t usually come with a decent pension plan. It also doesn’t come with any guarantees of landing a day job that won’t suck or finding a mystical cure for her critically ill Djinn lover. Burdened with a difficult sister in need of rescue, accused of weather-related murder, and finding herself in the middle of a Djinn civil war … well, Joanne’s bad times are just getting worse.With enemies approaching from all sides, not to mention mounting credit card bills (Manolos don’t come cheap, you know) Joanne is praying for a windfall. But the mother of all hurricanes approaching the Florida coast isn’t quite what she had in mind.

This was so so so so much darker than I ever thought this series would go! Ending this book was a lot like going through a terrible life experience and then being unable to grasp what the hell happened!

I just love the characters; that simple fact never changed! I loved the old and the new characters. Caine's characters have so much personality that it's hard to think of them as fictional! That's one amazing thing about her writing!

Also, I feel as if the series matured into something bigger with this book. New variables were thrown in, new dangers, new allies, and a whole new plot! Honestly, this book was a "storm". There was so much going on and everything matters.

I loved the interludes! You don't realise who is talking in the interludes until you approach the end. And that had quite a big impact; when you do realise who's voicing the interludes, you wish you had read them more keenly. That was really sad! And since I don't wanna expose major spoilers, I sound like a lunatic! Lol! But really though, I'm more upset than I thought I'd be by the tragedy towards the end of the book.

I'm excited to see what the rest of the series will be like, since Caine ended Windfall with quite a huuuuuuuuuge cliffhanger ;)

my Goodreads review

No comments

Post a Comment

© bibliosini
Maira Gall