Thursday, February 5, 2015

Book Review: Firestorm (Weather Warden, #5) by Rachel Caine


Read from January 22 to 26, 2015
Rogue Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin is racing to New York to warn her former colleagues of the impending apocalypse. An ancient agreement between the Djinn and the Wardens has been broken, and the furious Djinn, slaves to the Wardens for millennia, have broken free of mortal control.With more than half the Wardens unaccounted for in the wake of the Djinn uprising, Joanne realizes that the natural disasters they’ve combated for so long were merely symptoms of restless Mother Nature fidgeting in her sleep. Now she’s waking up—and she is angry....
OMG! I can't believe Caine ended this with that cliffhanger! Now I'm just dying to move on to the next book!!!

Like the rest of the series, this book was pretty good! I think readers felt more in tune with Jo in this book because she was going through such a difficult time and obviously, I totally sympathised with her situation! Like her, all I could think about was "when is this gonna end?"

I liked how other Wardens and Djinn were more involved in this book! I'm happy that Lewis and David were very much involved in this book 'cause those boys are all Jo and I live for! LOL!

I also loved Imara, Jo's and David's daughter. She and Jo had this really interesting mother-daughter dynamic going on, and I just melted whenever David got all fatherly with her. Such a cute family. And that's exactly why my heart got ripped up at the end...

And, of course, I loved Ashan's character. He may be the villain but his sass level is very interesting! LOL! He's pretty good at his job!

And now I'm gonna have to finish this off 'cause I'm so impatient to start the next book right now! I'm dying to see what's next!

my Goodreads review

No comments

Post a Comment

© bibliosini
Maira Gall