Friday, July 15, 2016

Book Review: Eon: Rise of the Dragoneye (Eon #1) by Alison Goodman


Read from July 06 to 12, 2016
Twelve-year old Eon has been studying the ancient art of the Dragoneyes for two years. But he is playing a dangerous game: Eon is actually Eona, 16 years old and a girl. Her true identity must remain hidden at all costs: it is forbidden for women to practise the Art, and to be discovered would be punishable by death. 
Let down by her injured leg, it seems that Eon is destined to fail in her quest, until a spectacular twist in events catapults her into the opulent but treacherous world of the Imperial court. Without a master to guide her, Eon must learn to harness her unprecedented natural power, while protecting the secret that could cost her everything . . .
Set against a rich backdrop of Ancient Chinese myths and traditions and fraught with tension, this is a classic page-turner.
This book has been on my shelf for so long and I didn't even realize that I've been postponing reading such an amazing, epic story! Haha!

How do I even describe my feelings on this book? It hooked me in right from the beginning, and I would sometimes have to close the book and take a breather 'cause everything just got so intense!

Alison's writing is amazing! I love the detail, the elegance of her words. They just slipped me into her fantasy world and I loved what I saw! Everything was so fantastical and epic, just what this story excelled at!

The characters themselves were amazing! Their complexity surprised me and I loved how politics played such an immense role in character-shaping. I find it very difficult to just name a few of my favourite characters when it comes to this book. I literally fell in love with all the main characters, good and bad. They weren't just characters in this book, they were real people in my head!

And them dragons! Woah! I love the concept Alison has used here! It's just amazing! Whenever the dragons make an appearance I am just blown away by the power behind the writing!

And that ending! Who can not fangirl over that ending??? Haha! I had to take a breather before reading the last paragraph 'cause it was so damn intense! Totally blew me away with how good it was! And that cliffhanger? Dude, I'm so ready for Eona it's not even funny!

my Goodreads review

No comments

Post a Comment

© bibliosini
Maira Gall