Friday, January 15, 2016

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins


Read from January 12 to 14, 2016
Can Anna find love in the City of Light?Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend and a crush on her coworker at the movie theater, who is just starting to return her affection. So she's not too pleased when her father decides to send her to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year. But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna meets some cool new friends, including the handsome Étienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately, he's taken--and Anna might be too. Will a year of romantic near misses end with the French kiss she's been waiting for?
This book ruined me! I'm absolutely in love with this book! And I understand what all the hype surrounding this book was all about!

One huge thing that jumped out at me was all the relatable experiences Anna had. Having moved abroad for my uni studies just last year, reading this was like reliving so many of the same experiences that I had! Except for all the romance! *sob!*

And of course, the romance in this book was so real life to me! I've never fallen in love, but this book gave me hope! All the awkwardness, precious moments and heartbreak were all made me believe in love again, and so, this book is gonna hold a special part of my heart!

I loved all the characters too! Their less-than-perfect personalities made it all the more relatable, fun and amazing! I'm in love with these characters and was so reluctant to let them go at the end!

All in all, this book gave me legit feels and restored all the reading hype I've missed for too long! Who knows, maybe I'll end up in Paris someday too! *wink wink*



my Goodreads review

No comments

Post a Comment

© bibliosini
Maira Gall