Monday, October 27, 2014

Book Review: Eldest (The Inheritance Cycle, #2) by Christopher Paolini



Read from October 11 to 26, 2014
Darkness falls . . .Despair abounds . . .Evil reigns . . .Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have just saved the rebel state from destruction by the mighty forces of King Galbatorix, cruel ruler of the Empire. Now Eragon must travel to Ellesméra, land of the elves, for further training in magic and swordsmanship, the vital skills of the Dragon Rider.It is the journey of a lifetime, filled with awe-inspiring new places and people, each day a fresh adventure. But chaos and betrayal plague him at every turn, and Eragon isn't sure whom he can trust. Meanwhile, his cousin Roran must fight a new battle back home in Carvahall - one that puts Eragon in even graver danger. Will the king's dark hand strangle all resistance? Eragon may not escape with even his life . . .


So, once again, this is a reread! :)

I am so pleased that this series is still so good!!! I'm loving the whole Dragon Rider stuff and Alagaesia is so cool!!! I'm absolutely in love with Paolini's writing!!! 

I'm so excited by how fast Eragon is growing! It is so amazing to watch him training and getting stronger and stronger with each experience! I am also pleased that Paolini hasn't turned him into an image of perfection; he still has flaws and makes mistakes that makes him human and relatable! That's one of the best things I love about Paolini's writing; he hasn't made Eragon jump perfectly into his position of Dragon Rider! Eragon keeps making mistakes and is quite simply a teenager in his essence! That I love!

Also, I'm in love with all of Paolini's characters! They seem so real and I love each and every one of them! And watching them go through their own struggles just makes me bond with them even more! 

Overall, I'm loving this series so far and I'm so glad that I decided on rereading the first two books! I have no idea what happens from here on, so I'm hoping the remaining two books will be explosive! :)


my Goodreads review 

No comments

Post a Comment

© bibliosini
Maira Gall