Thursday, January 8, 2015

Book Review: Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine



Read from December 19 to 21, 2014
First in the new Weather Warden series...  Joanne Baldwin is a Weather Warden. Usually, all it takes is a wave of her hand to tame the most violent weather. But now, she's trying to outrun another kind of storm: accusations of corruption and murder. So, she's resorting to the very human tactic of running for her life...Her only hope is Lewis, the most powerful warden known. Unfortunately, he's stolen not one but three bottles of Djinn-making him the most wanted man on earth. Still, she's racing hard to find him-before the bad weather closes in fast...  

OMG I loved this!!! Seeing all the not-so-positive reviews on Goodreads, I thought I might not like it, but this is actually pretty good!

I loved Caine's universe here. The powers of the Wardens were complex and goddamn powerful, and that was just totally cool!!! And Jo's superior abilities were mindblowing! I love how Caine explores the Wardens' power over their elements; she makes it so complex and beautiful that I've decided on labelling Wardens as totally cool! ;)

Also, I love Jo! She's so sassy and such a smart-ass that I can't help loving her character! And OMG, David is such a hottie!!! And I'm in love with their relationship!

And I love Lewis!!! It's so hard not to! That dude's so hot and totally swoon-worthy! I'm just so in love with Daniel and Lewis!

I loved Caine's writing! Her style is really attention-grabbing and I just can't stop reading what she's written! Love it!

Overall, this was one hell of a roller-coaster ride and I enjoyed it every step of the way! And that ending was shocking!!! ;)
my Goodreads review

No comments

Post a Comment

© bibliosini
Maira Gall