Thursday, February 5, 2015

Book Review: Cape Storm (Weather Warden, #8) by Rachel Caine



Read from January 31 to February 02, 2015
Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin and her new husband, the Djinn David, are running from a malevolent hurricane bent on destroying her. Joined by an army of fellow Wardens and Djinn onboard a hijacked luxury liner, Joanne has lured the storm into furious pursuit. But even their combined magic may not be enough to stop it-nor the power-mad ex-Weather Warden controlling it...
I didn't realise how emotionally invested I was in these characters until I read Cape Storm. Once I put down this book I was feeling so sad and desperate and hopeless, which is pretty much what the characters were feeling by then.

This book has got to be the emotional roller-coaster of this series so far. It hurt me so bad to read this. Everything was dark and desperate throughout this story.

Cape Storm was all about dark themes. It was all desperation, anger and sadness all rolled into a book.  Everyone is emotional and everyone is going through a tough time, so it really impacts the reader's mind. It had this really dark apocalyptic feel throughout.

It was so hard to see Jo, David and Lewis getting hurt so bad when  you've been with them on their journey for 7 books in the series so far. Unspoken secrets (or not-so-secret secrets) were finally brought to light and those scenes were painful to read. I'm feeling so scarred by how emotionally raw this book was.

I'm dreading reading the next book; not just because it would be the last but also because Cape Storm ended on an enormously pessimistic note. I'm just so scared to see how this series ends and at the same time I don't want it to end!

Cape Storm left me completely emotionally scarred. I couldn't even write a coherent review after I was done reading!

All in all, Caine's writing is amazing and I'm so unprepared for what's coming in Total Eclipse.

my Goodreads review

No comments

Post a Comment

© bibliosini
Maira Gall