Sunday, February 7, 2016

Book Review: The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson & Sarah Rees Brennan


Read from January 25 to February 02, 2016
It's not easy being Magnus Bane. As a warlock, he's often called upon to fix the problems of others. His life has been long, and his loves have been many. And Magnus has a way of making sure he's at the right at the right - or perhaps wrong - time. The French Revolution, Prohibition, the first great battle between Valentine and the New York Institute... Magnus was there. But smuggling Marie Antoinette out of France is nothing compared to having a first date with Alec Lightwood.Though Magnus's tale is far from over, these stories shed a little light on his often inscrutable character. What happens when an immortal warlock goes mad? Are all Herondales as problematic as Will? (Answer: yes.) And why was Magnus banned from Peru?Magnus will never be able to tell all of his tales. No one would believe him. But here are eleven stories that fill in some of the blanks - stories he probably wishes had never gotten out.

I'm gonna have to admit that I wasn't really into it when I started reading The Bane Chronicles.

What Really Happened in Peru and The Runaway Queen were too mundane for me. The two of those stories are my least favourite.

Then I started reading Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale and I really got into it. I started getting that vibe that I get when reading Cassie's work; this mix of harsh realism and wonderful magic. It was addictive.

From then on, I was sucked into this series of short stories. It thrilled me to see so many characters I could recognise and to once again "meet up" with my old "book pals"! I was thrilled reading this! I was giggling and sighing and laughing and sobbing!

The impact that seeing these well-known characters had on me took my breath away. I was so reluctant to finish reading the last story but I just couldn't stop myself.

I'm so glad I got this book when I did; I so wish I'd read this sooner! *sigh*



my Goodreads review 

2 comments

  1. I kind of gave up after "What Really Happened in Peru", but your review makes me want to pick it back up again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! What Really Happens in Peru was the least best out of all of them for me! :P

      Delete

© bibliosini
Maira Gall