Thursday, August 7, 2014

Book Review: Insatiable (Insatiable, #1) by Meg Cabot


Read from July 25 to 29, 2014
Sick of hearing about vampires? So is Meena Harper.Meena Harper is familiar with the supernatural. After all, she knows how you're going to die. (Not that you're going to believe her. No one ever does.) But not even Meena's precognition can prepare her for Lucien Antonescu--whom she meets and then makes the mistake of falling in love with--a modern-day prince with a bit of a dark side for which an ancient society of vampire hunters would prefer to see him dead.The problem is Lucien's already dead. Maybe that's why he's the first guy Meena's ever met with whom she could imagine herself having a future. See, while Meena's always been able to see everyone else's destiny, she's never been able to look into her own. Lucien seems to be everything Meena has ever dreamed of in a boyfriend, though he might turn out to be more of a nightmare.So now would be a good time for Meena to start learning to predict her own future... if she has one.
What attracted me at first to this was the NYC glamour! I am a sucker when it comes to all things NYC! ;)

But then I kept reading and was mindblown!!! My brain was turned to mush and all I kept thinking was: OMFG LUCIEN!!! That guy was so damn hot and had far too few scenes!

I can't believe Meg Cabot wrote something this amazing! I absolutely loved this to pieces! I loved Cabot's signature witty interior dialogue, and her protagonist was awesome too, and I loved her whole cast of characters!

I fangirled so much while reading this! I honestly can't comprehend why some people seem to find this "unsatisfactory" or something equally as bad. This is so much better than some books I've read!

I really loved the way Cabot seems to have connected the Harper siblings to the classic Dracula characters! That was pretty cool!

So, Insatiable was one hell of a rollercoaster ride, and now I'm dying to read Overbite!

No comments

Post a Comment

© bibliosini
Maira Gall